Thursday, November 22, 2007

Snap Happy

Well.. I love Photography.. Ever since the days of being 8 years old with my mom's old Instamatic shit camera. I would set up my dolls, barbies, My little pony's.. whatever. My personal favorite was a still-life shoot of my smurfette purse! At the time my mom used to get mad at me, saying I was wasting her film and flash cubes.. ( old school) but I guess she didn't reolize that was she was seeing was an artist in the making. ( she's old school)


I continued to have a keen interest in photography pretty much my whole childhood and actually took Fine Arts for the sole reason of photography. I grew to love it even more when I got my hand 0n my first Manuel Camera, Pentax K1000. Its probably considered a piece of shit these days but I still think it takes the most lovely pictures! I have a half assed Canon now. Its a Canon A560. Takes Kick ass pictures though. ( the ones in this post have all been taken with it) I really would love to get a Nikon D80!! Actually I would settle for the D40x!!! ( hint hint Santa)

So here are some of my photos I am most proud of at the moment. They have all been taken within the last year. I am trying hard to get back at it... I'm a little slack in the art department lately!!


Here is my Top 10!


1. Taken at Signal Hill, St. John's Newfoundland. ( opposite side of Cabot Tower)06/07






















2. Same as above but taken a little further back. 06/07





















3. Quidi Vidi facing Signal Hill. 06/07


























4. Weird Purple acorn-ish buds on and around Signal Hill. 06/07



























5. Little yellow flower taken at Signal hill. 06/07



























6. Boat in St. John's Harbour.. Taken from a floating dock facing signal hill. 08/07




















7. I call this one "Harbour Dance" . Taken the same as above. I turned down the speed... Its unconventional but I love it!



























8. The Long Time Friendship Rainbow Strikes again!! This was taken at Middle Cove beach. I brought my old friend Dave there during his recent visit to St. John's. He hadn't been home to Newfoundland in a long time. This awesome rainbow appeared.. Just like when I saw my bestest friend viki for the first time in 3 years!! Maybe it was Mr. Duffenais Again!! Taken 10/07


























9. Kenobi!!! This is one of the shots I took for my husbands band. I played around with this one in a photo editor.. loves it!! 09/07




























10. Here is another Kenobi Shot!! 09/07




























Hope you enjoyed viewing as much as i enjoyed snapping!!

No comments: