Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Snowbound in St. John's


Wow!! Its so funny to think that in the first week of January there was hardly any snow. I remember one day I was coming home from work and I said to my Friend " you know what? I really don't think we are going to have a winter this year!! " BOY was I mistaken. On Monday night, Feb. 19th, Its starting to get very bad out around say.. 4ish.. The city was literally shut down by around 7!! Even Wendy's was closed! So our car had a little bit of transmission trouble. Dale was bringing to car over to the shop and it got stuck on the street in front of our house. I was so worried it was going to get buried or nailed by the fuckers known as the people who drive the plows for the city of St. John's!! Luckily the shop our car was going into said they would come tow it for us!! ( luckily also covered under the Warranty!) Well.. it snowed all night and I loved it!! Being inside, cuddled up with a blanket and just knowing that you can't go out anywhere!! But its the next morning that I don't like.. waking up to darkness, knowing you have to shovel your way out of 40 feet of snow before getting to road!! Because our car was in the shop the entire driveway filled in.. its literally up to my neck.. We just shoveled a path to the road and decided to wait until today to make space for the car. Its nuts!! The damn plow pushed about half of the snow back in the path now.. I hate those bastards. I told dale that I was going to push the snow back into the road and he said apparently you can get in shit for doing that!! ??? like really.. they can drive by in a warm tractor and push mountains of snow in your driveway that you struggled for hours to clear, in cold temperatures, so windy that every shovel load that you throw gets whipped back in your face!! Not only that... the snow that they push back in is hard, icy, dirty, heavy snow that is impossible to shovel. Yet I would get " in trouble" for putting snow in the road.. Those plow drivers don't care any more than the prick that speeds past you in a rainstorm, showering you with a puddle of mass size!! I would love for one of those city workers to wake up with their entire house covered in snow!! put all the snow that is sitting in the Avalon Mall parking lot on top of their property! Maybe I shouldn't be so angry at the city workers.. but perhaps "MY WORSHIP" Andy Wells!!

No comments: